HAPPINESS is an Inside Job, is a Way Of Life, a Product of Our Own Minds.
If We Want to Live a Happy Life and Not just survive, We need to Learn How To Be Happy, Work on Our HAPPINESS Every Day, have a positive attitude and create some good and Happy Habits.
Our life is made of a string of moments so, if we want to live a happy life, we need to make sure that our happy moments are predominant in our life.
What can we do to live more happy moments and Be Happy?
Here are my suggestions:
1 TO BE HAPPY WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPINESS IS
When we make a choice, it is implicit that we have to make some changes in our life. We can’t expect to carry on with our life, without making any changes and have different results.
We need to choose to be happy, write it down on paper in capitals: “I decide I want to be happy”, “from now on I am going to be a happy person, no matter what”.
It has to be a clear and conscious decision and nothing like “I would like to be happy or I wish to be happy” these are just wishes…. and they are not taking us anywhere.
Let’s think about it, every morning when we wake up, we have a choice:
to be positive and happy or to be negative, to take action to empower our happiness or not to take action.
It doesn’t really matter the circumstances in our life, we still have the choice to decide how we want to live our day. We can not control the events in our day, but we can control our reactions to every situation we deal with.
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Charles R. Swindoll
We can choose to live a happy day, be a happy person, be in charge of our life, take action, whatever the circumstances are, the choice is ours.
Read more: Happiness is a Choice.
Happiness is Not something that depends on other people or on things.
The level of our life’s happiness has nothing to do with our circumstances or the things that other people say or do, even if sometimes we feel like it. We can be inspired by others, but Happiness comes from within.
We are in charge of our Happiness!
Here are few posts to understand more about Happiness.
- True Happiness comes from within, is an inside job, we need to work on our happiness every day. Read more
- Happiness is simply a mental state of well-being created by positive and good emotions. Read more
- Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances. Read more
- Happiness is in the present moment, the only moment we are alive. If we can not live the present moment, we can not be in touch with life. We are alive in the present moment, the only moment we truly live. Read more
- What Happiness is Not. Happiness can have a different meaning for any of us and can easily be associated with some wrong ones and that’s why there are so many unhappy people in this world. Read more
When we find Inner Peace, we will also feel in Peace with the people around us and in harmony with our surrounding.
What do I mean finding Peace?
Basically, we find peace when we don’t have dominant negative emotions that can control our life. I mean emotions that are mainly part of our day and consequently of our life.
If we are constantly worried, angry, anxious, sad we are not at peace so we can’t be happy and live a beautiful life.
- Here you can find few posts I have written with some suggestions on How to Deal with the main Negative Emotions. Read more
One of the first things we need to do to be happy is to let go of all the negative beliefs, emotions and people that are holding us back in life and embrace positivity.
- Here is a post to help you understand more Things We Need To let Go To Be Happy
It is perfectly normally to sometimes feel, this kind of negative emotions, they are part of everyone’s life. The point is don’t let these emotions take over our life.
As I said before, our life is made by moments, which make days, months, years, the more time we spend being affected by negative emotions, the more our life is negative and consequently the less happy it is.
When we are at peace with ourselves, we will be surprised how our life is going to be beautiful and different from the previous one we were living.
We need to focus on maintaining our peace, be grateful for what we have and work for what we want to achieve.
We need to embrace Positivity and We need to take daily actions.
2 TO BE HAPPY WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
Positive Thinking is an emotional and mental attitude which consists in focusing on the bright side of our life.
Positive Thinking also brings optimism in our life and is an essential component if we want to be happy.
We need to realize and accept that our Thoughts have the power to shape our lives and also create our Happiness.
Have you ever underestimated the power of your thoughts?
If so, you are probably losing 90% of what you could potentially achieve in your life.
But don’t worry, you’re not alone, in our society, unfortunately, human thoughts are often relegated to the level of fantasy and extravagance and it’s perhaps for this reason only a small percentage of us is really happy and content with our lives.
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts” – Marcus Aurelius
Here are few posts to help you understand the power of Positive Thinking:
- Positive thinking can help to create our happiness
- The importance of our thoughts
- Some Quotes about the Power of Our Thoughts
3 HOW CAN WE BECOME A HAPPY POSITIVE PERSON AND STAY POSITIVE?
As I have mentioned before we can’t be positive 24/7, that’s not possible.
What is possible and pretty easy to achieve, if we want to, is to be positive most of the time and create a new positive approach to our life.
We need to create a new habit in our life.
A habit is a routine of behavior that is repeated regularly and tends to occur subconsciously.
We need to take action and if we do it every time we need, I can assure you, it will quickly become a habit.
Here are some suggestions on what to do when we feel negative and down:
- How to replace our negative thoughts with positive thoughts using some affirmative cues. Read more
- Have a walk in nature. A researcher at Stanford has studied the reduction of negative thoughts in the brain of people that have had a walk in a park, surrounded by nature. Read more
- Practice some Gratitude. Gratitude can unlock our Happiness. We need to remember that the things we Take for Granted Someone else is Praying for! Here are the things to be grateful for in our life when going through a tough period. Read more
- Force yourself to laugh, laughter is the best medicine. Read more
3 TO BE HAPPY WE NEED TO BE IN CHARGE OF OURSELVES
What do I mean being in charge?
It means taking control of our emotions and our thoughts.
We need to become the master of both our mind and body.
As I explained it before, taking action is part of being in charge.
You would probably be thinking now, easier said than done, but let me tell you, it’s probably much easier than one would think. If we don’t know how to do it, it’s just a matter to learn and understand it, practice it and make a habit of it.
Here is a post you might like to read To live a happy life we need to be in charge of ourselves
I believe that one of the first few things we need to do to be in charge is to love ourselves.
Love, as we all know, is the most powerful force in the universe and certainly is a must ingredient if we want to be happy.
If our Life is full of love, it is more likely that we are positive, love is a positive emotion.
Also, before we can love someone else, the first step is to love ourselves, in fact, Happiness is feeling good about who we are.
You might like to read: Loving ourselves can help us to be happier
TO BE HAPPY WE NEED TO TAKE DAILY ACTIONS TO CREATE GOOD AND HAPPY HABITS
If we want to be happy, it is very important we take care of our Body, Mind and Spirit.
Here are few posts on how to take care of our Body:
- Eat healthy food. Healthy Eating Can Make You Feel Happier. I have written a post on different Kinds of Nutrients and Food to Make You Feel Happier. Read more
- Practice, regular exercises. Regular Exercise Makes You Happy, but why? Read More
- Start running. According to a study, he who run is happier and argue less at work. Read more
- Get into the habit of a regular daily walk. As I mentioned before, walking in nature has many benefits and can also decrease our negative thoughts. Read more
- Start practicing Yoga. Yoga can change our life and boost our happiness. Read more
- Practice some Meditation. Meditation is very powerful and has a lot of Physical Benefits. Practicing Meditation daily can really make a big difference in our life. Read more
- Be aware of your breathing with some simple exercises. Breathing is the first thing we do when we are born and the last thing we do before we die but how much importance do we give to breathing? Read more
Here are just some suggestions, choose that one you prefer or find something you really like.
Take action, take care of your Body!
Here are few posts on how to Take care of our Mind
- Meditation, as I have mentioned before, not only has a lot of physical benefits, it also has many Psychological Benefits. When we meditate we fell mentally fresh. You might like to try some walking meditation. Read more
- Practice some Mindfulness. Mindfulness can help us to slow down, live our life in full and consequently feel happier. Read more
- Use some Positive Affirmations. Positive Affirmations is a simple but effective exercise that can improve our life. Read more
Take action, take care of your Mind!
Here are few posts on how toTake care of our Spirit
- Practice gratitude. Practicing Gratitude every day can really make a positive difference in our life. Gratitude can unlock our Happiness. Read more
- Practice kindness. Kindness makes you happier and here is why. Read more
- Do something good to others. Helping people helps you feel good and sometimes can also help you forget your problems. Read more
- Meditate. Meditation is good for our Body, Mind and Spirit.
Take action, take care of your Spirit!
They were my suggestions on what we can do on a daily basis to take action and look after ourselves.
Remember: if you want different results in your life you need to stop procrastinating and make some changes.
DO YOU WANT TO BE HAPPIER? TAKE A 30 DAYS HAPPINESS CHALLENGE
I hope you enjoyed reading my suggestions on how to be happy and I hope I have inspired you enough to take action to improve the level of happiness of your life.
Now, why don’t you take a 30 Days Happiness Challenge?
What is this happiness challenge?
It consists in challenging yourself to do your best to be as much happy as you can for 30 days.
Why 30 days?
Simply because this has been scientifically proven that 30 days is the period to form a new habit.
Here are some suggestions to help you succeed on this 30 days happiness challenge:
1 Decide the day you want to start and mentally prepare yourself.
2 Make a decision, promise yourself you are going to do your best to be as happy as you can.
3 Keep a journal.
4 Create a new routine to start your day in a happy way.
Here is my post on 5 Tips to start a day in a Good and Happy way
Choose which one you want to follow or create your own routine.
5 Set a reminder for when you wake up. When you start your day, remind yourself that Happiness is a choice and that you want to spend a Happy Day no matter what happen.
6 Do your best to leave home in the morning with a positive and happy mindset.
7 During your day, do your best to maintain this positive attitude. Don’t let situations, people, events disrupt your mindset.
You might like to read here: 20 Simple but effective tips on how to make every day a happy day
8 At the end of the day prepare yourself to have a good night sleep.
You can read here my suggestions: How to finish a day in a good and happy way
9 Every evening, keep a record of how your day went. If everything went fine, let’s say smile and congratulate yourself.
If something went wrong and you didn’t manage to remain positive and happy, write down the cause.
It is extremely important to understand what has caused you to ruin your day.
How did you react?
Understanding the problem give us the chance to do something about it and more importantly work on the way we reacted.
If you didn’t manage to be positive and happy don’t be severe with yourself, there is no need, it can only make you feel worse and you don’t need that.
If one day, for whatever reason, you miss your morning or evening routine or both, it’s fine, again don’t be too severe on yourself.
You are doing your best and remember
These were just some general guidelines. Before starting the happiness challenge, create your own plan and don’t try to overload yourself with many new things in your life.
Start with adding just a new good habit in your life, figurate out which one is more important and beneficial for you and stick to it.
Once you have mastered it and it has become part of your life, you can start with another one.
Remember: “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” Lao Tzu
I wish You all a Beautiful and Happy Life!
If you would like to receive more Tips on “How to be Happy”
just enter your email below and click “Get Updates!”